Monday, January 4, 2010

What is media?

As a middle school English and Speech teacher, I can use media in a variety of ways. I can use Twitter to share lesson plans with other teachers and to stay updated with my coworkers. I could also use Twitter to update assignments, so students can access a quick, up-to-date syllabus. Twitter could influence my teaching methods by enhancing my lesson plans as I share ideas with other teachers. I would consider using Twitter for updating the syllabus based on how many students have access to a computer away from school. I can also use the http://www.turnitin.com/ website so students can post, review, and edit each other's work. The website could influence my teaching methods by having the students learn to self evaluate, and by saving time checking for plagiarism. If I find improvement in the students' work by using the website, I would continue using this method. I have never used Twitter before, but I have used turnitin.com. I am open to using new media and looking forward to finding which types work best for my classrooms.

"13 Enlightening Case Studies of Social Media in the Classroom." Aug 11, 2009. Edu-tastic. http://bestonlineuniversities.com/2009/13-enlightening-case-studies-of-social-media-in-the-classroom/

No comments:

Post a Comment